DuQuoin State Fairgrounds Exhibition Hall
Perry County, Illinois
- Illinois Capital Development Board
DuQuoin State Fairgrounds boosts over 500 acres of park area, campgrounds, stables, lakes and ponds. The historic Exhibition Hall, a 33,184 square foot facility built in 1948, is utilized for public and private events, and was previously renovated in 1986. Oates was contracted to provide structural engineering services for repairs to the building as well as construction observation.
The scope of work included replacing damaged brick masonry, steel lintels and coping stones, tuckpointing, and replacing the EPDM roof and roofing components. The work also included testing existing steel lintels for section loss attributable to corrosion to determine their continued use or replacement. Coordination with the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency was required as part of the approval process.