An internship at Oates Associates means hands-on engineering experience in the office and in the field. You will prepare for your future by assisting project managers and engineers with project assignments and developing skills with our in-house training sessions. Typical responsibilities include office work such as CADD drafting, computations and spreadsheet work; and fieldwork including condition assessments, surveying, construction staking, testing and observation. Internships are available year-round.
The ideal candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited 4-year college or university with preference given to juniors and seniors
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field
- A valid driver’s license and authorization to work in the United States
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Previous experience at other engineering consulting firms or government agencies is a plus
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D or Microstation is a plus
Besides gaining real-work experience, additional internship perks include participation in monthly in-house lunch and learn sessions and various social events and the potential for a full-time position upon graduation.
Oates Associates is a thriving local design firm that offers the look and feel of a small business while providing the excitement and experience gained from projects you may find in a larger firm. Our strong leadership in the communities we serve combined with our teamwork-centered office environment makes Oates Associates a great place to work. The firm offers competitive salaries, annual bonus, an excellent benefit package, a health and wellness program, company sponsored events and activities, flex-time, work-from-home opportunities, opportunity for quick advancement and ownership potential. The firm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
100 Lanter Court, Suite 1
Collinsville, IL, 62234