An internship at Oates Associates means hands-on engineering experience in the office and in the field. You will prepare for your future by assisting project managers and engineers with project assignments and developing skills with our in-house training sessions. Typical responsibilities include office work such as CADD drafting, computations and spreadsheet work; and fieldwork including condition assessments, surveying, construction staking, testing and observation. Internships are available year-round.
The ideal candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited 4-year college or university with preference given to juniors and seniors
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field
- A valid driver’s license and authorization to work in the United States
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Previous experience at other engineering consulting firms or government agencies is a plus
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D or Microstation is a plus
Besides gaining real-work experience, additional internship perks include participation in monthly in-house lunch and learn sessions and various social events and the potential for a full-time position upon graduation.
Oates Associates is a thriving local design firm that offers the look and feel of a small business while providing the excitement and experience gained from projects you may find in a larger firm. Our strong leadership in the communities we serve combined with our teamwork-centered office environment makes Oates Associates a great place to work. The firm is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefit package, flex-time, work-from-home opportunities, opportunity for quick advancement and ownership potential. We seek to develop a more diversified workforce and encourage women and minority candidates to apply for this position.
100 Lanter Court, Suite 1
Collinsville, IL, 62234