Building Structural Engineer
- Bachelor's in civil engineering or architectural engineering
- EIT certificate or recently received PE license
- 2 to 5+ years structural engineering experience
- Work with both governmental and private clients in Missouri and Illinois
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit - proficiency
- Working knowledge of RISA and RAM Structural a plus
- Strong technical, writing and organizational skills
Oates Associates is a civil and structural engineering firm focused on enhancing our local community. From transportation to building infrastructure, our team designs solutions that positively impact our region. We are seeking a talented engineer with a focus on building structural engineering to work on new building and building renovation projects. This position is ideal for a structural engineer that enjoys working with clients on building expansions, repairs, renovations, and stand-alone buildings ranging from $10K to $20M. Work will be out of our St. Louis office.
- Laying out buildings and structures in AutoCAD and Revit
- Designing to building codes – IBC, ASCE, ACI, and AISC
- Performing site visits to inspect existing structures and writing inspection reports
- Performing site visits to document conditions and design repairs
- Developing construction documents and cost estimates
- Observing construction operations at work sites and reviewing material submittals.
Oates Associates is a thriving local design firm that offers the look and feel of a small business while providing the excitement and experience gained from projects you may find in a larger firm. Our strong leadership in the communities we serve combined with our teamwork-centered office environment makes Oates Associates a great place to work. The firm offers competitive salaries, annual bonus, an excellent benefit package, a health and wellness program, company sponsored events and activities, flex-time, work-from-home opportunities, opportunity for quick advancement and ownership potential. The firm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
100 Lanter Court, Suite 1
Collinsville, IL, 62234