Building Structural Engineer – 2 to 5 Years
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- EIT certificate or recently received PE license
- 0 – 5+ years structural engineering experience
- Work with both governmental and private clients in Missouri and Illinois
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit – proficiency
- Working knowledge of RISA and RAM Structural – a plus
- Strong technical skills – writing and organization skills
Oates Associates is continuing to grow! We are seeking a project engineer to work in our Facilities Group. This position is ideal for an entry-level civil engineer that enjoys working on a team and working with clients on building and site development, drainage, utility, and campus development projects ranging from $10k to $20M. Work will be out of our St. Louis, MO office. Competitive salaries are offered commensurate to experience.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Laying out buildings and structures in AutoCAD and Revit;
- Designing to building Codes – IBC, ASCE, ACI, and AISC;
- Performing site visits to inspect existing structures and writing inspection reports;
- Performing site visits to document conditions and design repairs;
- Developing construction documents and cost estimates;
- Observing construction operations at work sites and reviewing material submittals.
Oates Associates is a thriving local design firm that can offer the look and feel of a small business while providing the excitement and experience gained from projects you may find in a larger firm. Our strong leadership in the communities we serve combined with our teamwork-centered office environment makes Oates Associates a great place to work. The firm is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefit package, flex-time, work-from-home opportunities, opportunity for quick advancement and ownership potential. We seek to develop a more diversified workforce and encourage women and minority candidates to apply for this position.
100 Lanter Court, Suite 1
Collinsville, IL, 62234