Morris Trail is a 2.4-mile long pedestrian trail that runs through the campus of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. The trail, which connects to many campus facilities, provides safe access for students and the general public.
Oates Associates has provided civil engineering, survey and construction administration for improvements along Morris Trail, including:
- Reconstruction of 900’ of the trail, including associated drainage improvements and relocation of emergency call boxes.
- Reconstruction of 1,815’ of trail, from Stadium Drive to Bluff Hall.
- 600’ extension, from southwest of Cougar Lake Drive to North University Drive.
- 3,700’ extension of a shared-use path along North University Drive between the existing Morris Trail and New Poag Road.
- Barrier railing at various locations along Morris Trail from Lot A to TheGARDENS.
Oates Associates has also provided engineering services for the Vadalabene Nature Trail Spur on the campus of SIU Edwardsville, which connects existing campus pedestrian and bicycle paths with the Vadalabene Nature Trail bicycle path. The 0.5 mile Spur starts at the Vadalabene Nature Trail on the south and runs north to existing campus paths which connect to campus buildings.