Transportation Engineer – In order to accommodate the continued growth in our transportation department, we are seeking a civil engineer with an emphasis in the transportation discipline for a junior-level position. Transportation engineering duties would include all elements associated with roadway, streets and highway design from preliminary planning to development of final plans including geometrics, pavement, traffic and drainage. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• 0 – 5 years of transportation engineering related experience
• Engineering Intern Certification with the ability to obtain a Professional Engineers License upon completing the required years of experience
• Experience with MicroStation and Geopak, HydroCAD, HEC-RAS and other related design software
• Self-motivated and dedicated with strong technical and writing skills
• Experience working with Missouri or Illinois local agencies, MoDOT and IDOT is preferred
• Previous engineering related internships are a plus
Although Oates Associates is not currently hiring for the following positions, we accept inquires from high quality individuals with the following minimum qualifications:
Structural Engineer – Graduate engineers with experience in structural engineering (bridges and/or building). Must be licensed or eligible to become licensed in the future.
Water / Waste Water Engineer – Licensed engineers with experience in the water / waste water fields. MSD experience a definite plus.
Land Surveyor – Experienced land surveyors with office experience in right of way. Must be licensed and have CADD experience.
Intern – Internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students who are working towards a degree in engineering or architecture.